I became emotionally numb to feel happiness

After four lonely months without my boyfriend, filled with uncertainty, anxiety, stress and just the overall feeling of having lost everything… I became numb to happiness.  

You might think to yourself; what does that mean? Well, it simply means that I don’t feel happy anymore. Nothing is truly giving me joy and the feeling I have when I ‘like’ a situation also fades as soon as that moment is over. 

 

Not only does this make me sad, it also makes me ungrateful. Or at least, come across ungrateful. Last week, I bought an amazing new Macbook Pro for myself. High storage volume, a touch bar, space grey and fast. My old Macbook is totally at the end of its life, so it was a needed purchase. However, I felt no joy. Another story… For work and job interviews I have to travel a lot these days. My income is super low, so my parents decided to jump in a little and help me out a bit. Literally the sweetest thing ever, cause of course they don’t have to. But honestly? I felt no joy, no happiness about them helping me financially as a gift and support. I truly did not feel it. Also... I got hired for a job last week, after looking for a job for months. But still, I just did not feel it.

 

These two events, and a few other things that happened, made me realize that I am now apparently and truly numb to feel any happiness. Being aware of this also makes me feel even more awful actually. 

 

I truly believe that there is only one thing that can grand me happiness: being with my boyfriend again. Until that time, I must accept the fact that I will not be happy anymore.

9 reacties

  1. I can image it sucks big time not to be able to see your boyfriend for such a long time. Hopefully this is just temporary, and soon you'll be able to appreciate life again.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. jeetje ik kan me voorstellen dat je je vriend enorm mit, maar zou het niet fijn zijn , als je je toch af en toe een beetje blij zou kunnen voelen?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Ha Susan, leuk om je tegen te komen. Hoop dat jullie snel weer bij elkaar zijn en dat je ook van simpele dingen (geen compleet macbook maar ff bij oma langsgaan bijvoorbeeld) iets van 'joy' kan voelen.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wat vervelend voor je, ik hoop dat je wel nog kleine geluks momentjes hebt.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Wat naar. Heel veel sterkte! Ik hoop dat jij en je vriend weer snel bij elkaar kunnen zijn

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Ah dat is echt niet fijn. Ik kan me voorstellen dat je hem heel erg mist. Ik hoop dat je snel weer een beetje happiness voelt bij de kleine en mooie dingen in het leven.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Dit klinkt wel heel heftig allemaal, ik begrijp heel goed dat je je vriend mist. Ik hoop dat alles snel goed komt.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Heftig, heb wat vertrouwen in de toekomst. Er komt een tijd dat je terug kunt kijken op deze periode

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Ik denk dat iedereen wel eens dit gevoel ervaart eens in zn leven. Ik herken het in ieder geval wel. Misschien elke dag of week even de ‘leuke’ dingen opschrijven die je hebt meegemaakt. Ook al voelde dat op dat moment niet als geluk of maakte je het niet zo blij als je normaal zou voelen, je bent en blijft wel bewust ervan. Als je het later terug leest dan denk je misschien van ‘oja, dat weet ik nog, dat was eigenlijk best cool!’

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

<3 reacties zijn lief <3